During this program, you will acquire and practice important skills that will mold you into a strong leader in this and all future endeavors. Great for college or work preparation!
You will learn to know yourself, work with a team, create a vision, and believe in your ability to reach that future vision. You are about to embark on a journey that not only has the potential to make big things happen in your community and the world, but also in your very own life!
Would you like to see some ideas on projects that can be done virtually or with social distancing?
Check out our ideas page here.
Here’s how to start and finish the leadership program:
- The program can be completed, under the guidance of a teacher, parent or club adviser for students in 6-12th grades. You must be 13 years or older and to gain direct access to the videos, lessons, and resources (this is not a requirement) you may register here. Your teacher will also have access to all the lessons, videos and resources.
- Your teacher/advisor needs to register to gain access to the contest submission forms.
- Work through the lessons as a team (of three or more) to learn about yourself as a leader and how to work collaboratively to accomplish a goal.
- Develop a service project that will help a need in your community (as guided in the lessons) and you may track your service hours if needed. Service hours can be used to meet other requirements for school too! In addition, after entering your team’s project, each member will receive a graduation honor cord (when you graduate) and a certificate of completion. Your school can receive honors too, for consistent annual entries.
- Follow the Now What? section at the end of each lesson to share your progress. You may need to complete some of the lessons or some of your action plan for your project outside of the classroom. This might be done as homework, club time, or lunch hour. Be sure to plan with your teacher (while looking at a calendar) the deadlines for each lesson and project part so you get done in time. Your teacher will be there to support your efforts and give you guidance along the way. Communication is the key! Remember it is all due by the posted deadlines each year to compete for the grants!
- Have your teacher complete the final Lead4Change Challenge submission question (and final edits to your uploads) to have a chance to win! The teacher will do the “Final Submission” from their Member Dashboard.
Please remember to read all of the challenge rules on the website to be sure you have everything you need to submit your project for one of these awards. In addition, refer to the Assessment Tools and Resources.
Remember, the Lead4Change lessons are about putting your leadership and teamwork skills to work. We can’t wait to see what you can do to make BIG things happen!